Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Red River Gorge, KY


Went to Red River Gorge for a bachelor party this weekend. Great time! The bachelor was a friend from college I have seen much lately. I got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in several years. Good catching up. We car camped at the Komer Ridge Campground. Me and another friend from Indy got there late Thursday night. I guess they close the gates after dark, so we had to walk in to the campsite. Everyone else got up Friday and went for a day hike. The guy I came down with and I went out to climb. He's done plenty of rock climbing, but this was only my second time outdoors. The first was just on a little wall off the highway in Indiana. This was a much different experience. We had gone to the gym once the week before so he could show me how to lead climb, but the gym wasn't set up for lead climbing except on a wall I could barely climb. It wasn't too hard catching on, but definately different from top roping. It was fun, but there were definately a couple times I felt the height and the fact I wasn't as secure as top roping. There were some other climbers on the wall, but not too crowded. I forget the name of the crag we went to, but not too bad of a hike to get there - only 15 minutes or so. The next day we were going to go day hiking with everyone else, but decided to go climbing again. This time some of the other guys went with us and a couple climbed as well as watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home