Friday, January 07, 2005

Indiana Climbing


Well, we planned on backpacking this weekend, but it was not meant to be. John came down sick and Eric found out he had to be in at work Saturday morning. Eric and I salvaged the day by climbing some faces he knew of along the highway. These were places where the rock had been blasted out to make the road and they made a great spot for my virgin voyage on outdoor climbing. It's been about six months since I've been climbing in the gym and my muscles were screaming today. I'm a very inexperienced climber, so these little rock faces were perfect for me, although there were some 5.10 or harder routes out there. We stuck to the top ropping, I still need to learn how to lead climb. No packing, but the day was still a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home